2/6/09

Tangrams - a Chinese visual game



"The tangram is a dissection puzzle (of Chinese origin) consisting of seven flat shapes, called tans, which are put together to form shapes. The objective of the puzzle is to form a specific shape (given only in outline or silhouette) using all seven pieces, which may not overlap."

"An estimate of ten million possible configurations has been offered..."   Source: Wikipedia

The practice can be very challenging. It develops visual thinking and problem solving - try it.

Link Wiki
Link Tangram Challenges Online
Link All Things Tangram - History, Sets, and Online Games

1 comment:

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

when i was little tanagrams were part of my "restaurant bag." i thought they were just fun! my mom liked them because they kept me busy and quiet when out to dinner. who knew I was challenging my brain!