1/19/10

"I Have Seen A THOUSAND FACES"




"THE HUMAN FACE, with its infinite range of expression, is an ever-changing
reflection of the story of humanity. Now, from hundreds of photographs, the
editors of CORONET have selected a distinguished gallery to bring you a new
interpretation of that ageless story...

...I have seen a thousand faces, old and young. More eloquent than words, each speaks to me. Not on their lips, but in their eyes is sung the sorrow and the song of life's brief melody...

...I have seen a thousand faces, all the rest are lost, like blades of
grass that crowd upon a sod. And of a thousand passed, these I remember best-
The quiet faces brushed by the waiting hands of God." -J.P. Folinsbee

Source - Late Night Coffee Shops Blog, Stephen Worth, Coronet Magazine,
September, 1949.

Link Full Text and Photographs, Late Night Coffee Shops Blog, Stephen Worth

No comments: